Here is the summary of president Uhuru’s speech. Today Thursday, 16th of April, president Uhuru Kenyatta address the nation concerning corona virus. A virus which has bee in the country for a period of one month and 3 days.
Bellow is the summary of president Uhuru Kenyatta’s speech;
- President Uhuru Kenyatta announces that 9 more people have tested positive for corona virus and now the total number of people who have tested positive in Kenya stands at 234. The age range is from 2 years to 69 years.
- A total Number of 53 people have recovered from the disease and have been discharged while a total of 11 people have lost their life because of the virus.
- The measures that was put in place like curfew and locking movements from counties of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale and Nairobi is helping a lot to slow down the number of reported corona virus case.
- The tasting ability has gone up since the ministry of health have received testing reagents which will assist to test more people at a specific time.
- The government is working towards formulating Kenya’s post corona virus recovery plan.
- The government have released Ksh 8.5 billion to support elderly and vulnerable Kenyans through cash transfer program. Also they have released ksh 500 million arrears for people with disabilities.
- They have started a program to support needy households in Nairobi through weekly covid-19 support stipend.
- The government of Kenya is in a discussion with the countries with the largest economies on the issue of debt suspension for a certain period so as to allow other countries to spend more on combating and economic recovery.
- The president direct that the county governments receive 3 months waiver from the KEMSA for the purchase of face mask and PPEs.
- Uhuru also noted that he is happy that in a short time, the Kenya covid-19 emergency response fund has been in place. And they are on their way towards realizing contribution amounting to 1 billion.
- He also applaud the work currently being undertaken by the council of governors and they have agreed that governors will work with county commissioners.
- Uhuru also noted that to ensure donations are distributed in a safe way, the government have has directed that all the distribution be coordinated by Kenya Covid-19 emergency response fund together with relevant security agencies.
- The president also salute the law enforcement officers for their work. But at the same time he warned that any police officer found harming Kenyans during curfew hours or during any other time will be met by the full force of the law.
- The president direct the ministry of health and public service to develop a welfare package to cushion front-line health workers.
- He also directs the ministry of education to take serious steps to protect students from negative impacts of measures taken against corona virus.
Some Kenyans have so far expressed their dissatisfaction online concerning president Uhuru Kenyatta’s speech. They claim that the president is always escaping the rent issue dispute the fact that rent is the main challenge to many Kenyans during this hard time.
There are some number of good landlords out there who have asked their tenants not to worry about rent payment during this time. Many Kenyans online are requesting other Landlords to do the same because they seems to be the only ones to save Kenyans on rent issue since the governments seems not to care about that.
DON’T MISS UPDATES
Kiharu MP Ndindi Nyoro insisted that the formula will balance inequalities that are currently experienced in revenue sharing.
Ndindi noted that residents of Kiharu receive far less per capita revenue as compared to areas with a sparse population....
NCIC Commissioner Wambui Warn Kenyans head of Tuesday Debate on Revenue Sharing.
Kitui Employees Miss July Salaries Over Budget Stalemate
Kitui residents castigate Wiper MCAs for sabotaging Ngilu’s development agenda.
DP Ruto React To Parliamentary Leadership and Membership Changes.
COST: Details Of Laxurious Jet That Flew Joho to Dubai to Pick Raila Back Home.
BREAKING NEWS: Gov. Waiguru Cleared By The Senate Special Committee.
Bishop Dr. Mike Brawan Request For More Covid-19 Isolation Centers
Metro Church International Leader Bishop Dr. Mike Brawan has urged county and the central governments to expand and equip COVID-19...
VIDEO: Kenyans Got Emotional As DJ EVOLVE And His Mother Speak.
Kabogo’s Shocking Revelation, How Rich Friend Pocket Covid-19 Funds.
Panic In State House After Four Officers Test Positive For Covid-19.
Raila Takes Covid-19 Test Days After ODM Party Staff Test Positive.
Gladys Wanga Demand Kirinyaga MCAs Taken To Quarantine Center.
Raila Odinga’s Staff Test Positive For Corona Virus.
Edgar Obare Unmask Gov. Joho And Alleged Girlfriend, He Traveled With To Dubai.
Some few days ago, Mombasa governor Ali Hassan Joho together with Suna East member of parliament Junet Mohammed, took off...
Why Jalango Quit Milele FM Weeks After Being Exposed By Edgar Obare.
Kenyans Reacts To The Late Abenny Jachinga’s Rural Home
VIDEO: Exposed ! Gospel Singer Ringtone Got Private Bar In His Runda Home.
Betty Kyallo Reveals Her Next Move, Hint Next TV Station.
Betty Kyallo Blessed Herself With a Brand New 7 Million Ride.
Ringtone Reveals How He Make His Millions Of Money.
- NEWS2 weeks ago
Actor Njoro Physical Appearance At Papa Shirandula’s Burial Worry Kenyans.
- HEALTH2 weeks ago
Jeff Koinange Reveal Where & How He Contracted Corona Virus.
- HEALTH2 months ago
VIDEO: President Uhuru Disciplined Son Who Breached Covid-19 Rules.
- POLITICS2 months ago
Amount DP Ruto Was Paid 2013 and 2017 In Exchange Of Kalenjin Votes.
- POLITICS2 months ago
DP Ruto and His Allies Warn Aisha Jumwa.
- ENTERTAINMENT3 months ago
Diana Marua’s Advice To Jalango’s Wife Backfired.
- POLITICS2 months ago
Oscar Sudi’s Attacks On Gideon Moi Using Famous Coca Cola Girl Backfires Badly.
- ENTERTAINMENT2 months ago
Edgar Obare Expose On Alex Mwakideu Backfired Badly.